Frozen Halal Meals in the US

April 25, 2016

Frozen Halal Meals in the US - When I don't have enough time for cooking, I like grabbing frozen meals in the supermarket. I prefer buying frozen meals than buying meals on the restaurant since they give me a little bit cheaper option than food on the restaurant. However, seeing halal meals, particularly the frozen ones in the US are pretty challenging. Although it is not easy, I believe that Allah may help us living on the halal ways. After living in Columbus (Ohio, US) for almost 9 months, I can find two food manufacturers that produce and sell halal frozen meals in the US. The two manufacturers are Saffron Road and Tandoor Chef.

1. Saffron Road
Saffron Road produces various Made in USA food such as Gourmet Frozen Entrees, Chicken Nugget, and Dessert Mini Tarts. All food manufactured by Saffron Road has been Halal Certified. For the frozen entrees, you can find various country food such as Chicken Biryani (India), Chicken Pad Thai (Thailand), and Beef Bulgogi (Korea). The complete lists of the frozen entrees produced by Saffron Road can be seen on their website: Saffron Road: Frozen Entrees. Among the frozen entrees, I have only tried the Saffron Road: Chicken Pad Tai. I found this frozen food at Giant Eagle Supermarket on North High Street, Columbus. I grabbed this food from the natural and organic food aisle. Besides the Chicken Pad Thai, you can also get Saffron Road: Chicken Biryani and Chicken Tikka Masala on Giant Eagle Supermarket – North High Street. Based on their website, you can also buy this food on Kroger and Target. When I bought this frozen food, the price was on sale. Thus, I only paid $3.5 for this meals. The normal price of this food is around $5. The taste of the Chicken Pad Thai was pretty close to the Thai food that I have ever tasted before.

The Saffron Road: Chicken Pad Thai
The Saffron Road: Chicken Pad Thai after Reheated and Mixed

2. Tandoor Chef
Slightly different to Saffron Road that produces various different country food, Tandoor Chef only produces frozen Indian dishes such as Lamb Vindaloo and Chicken Tikka Masala. Complete lists of Tandoor Chef frozen entrees can be seen on their website. According to the package, the halal certifications of Tandoor Chef frozen entrees were obtained from the ISNA Halal Certification Agency in Canada. I first found this product on Giant Eagle Supermarket on North High Street, Columbus. In this supermarket, you can find this food in the similar location of Saffron Road frozen meals, the natural and organics aisle. On this moment, I could only find The Chicken Tikka Masala. The price of this food is a little bit cheaper than Saffron Road entrees which are only $4.5.

The Tandoor Chef: Chicken Tikka Masala
The ISNA Halal Certification on The Tandoor Chef Package
The Tandoor Chef: Chicken Tikka Masala before Reheated
The Tandoor Chef: Chicken Tikka Masala after Reheated

Thanks for reading my post. 🙂
Columbus – Ohio on Apr 25, 2016.

This post was originally posted on my previous blog (ardiyanblog.com) on Apr 25, 2016.

You Might Also Like

0 comments